The Foundational Program:
MOVE WELL Ed. 12-Session Curriculum (As seen in the Cleveland Plain Dealer)
There has never been a better time to prioritize movement education so that we can manage aches and pains ourselves.
In this program I teach you the how the human body evolved to move and why this is the key to living well, pain free. You’ll learn the essential principles, patterns and skills that literally formed your backbone. (and spoiler: how to sneak them in your life to become more durable in everything you do.) You’ll become a student of your body, it’s blind spots and begin to connect the dots of moving well to your whole movement life. You’ll know how to better craft personalized warm ups and movement recovery. You’ll start interpret fitness or coaching cues with deeper embodiment. Nagging aches and pains will get better, they may even go completely away. You’ll simply live better in your body, now and into your future.
**You are not broken, nor injury “prone” – you just need to re-connect to moving well and understand that before there was “exercise”, we emerged as perfectly tuned human movers.** Physical therapists and orthopedic doctors agree – most musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction can be distilled down to poor movement understanding. Move Well Ed. will upgrade your entire life.
Here’s what this program includes:
-12 personalized sessions either via Facetime or in person.
-A workbook with further reading and a place for us to write notes from each session.
-A personalized Body Maintenance Plan after the first session so you can begin to address aches & pains you’re managing right now. (A $250 value)
-Free access to my “virtual studio” online for the time we’re working together.
-A discounted rate option to continue to see me monthly to update your personal Body Maintenance Plan AND to have access to my ongoing weekly classes here at Union.
Check out what some of my graduates have said about the in-person version of this program at www.movewelled.com
*Fill out New Student Intake Form to apply. I will follow up with you shortly for a free consult for us to see if we’re a good fit to work together. **Limited space each month. If sessions are filled, you will be put on a waitlist for a future start date.
Additional ways to work with me:
REGEN – Regenerative Movement Sessions
NECK & SHOULDERS, LOWER BACK & PELVIS, FEET & KNEES
FITNESS ROUTINE TUNE UP, GOLF/TENNIS/PICKLEBALL, YOGA TUNE UP®
For Pro Athletes:
Off Season: MOVE WELL Ed. & REGEN – Movement Prep, Soft Tissue Care, Mobility & Yoga. (12 session program). The essentials so you show up at camp, READY and injury-free.
In-Season: Ongoing REGEN Sessions/Tune Up’s. Most injuries are soft tissue and preventable by focusing on this ACTIVE recovery work I teach you.
MOVE WELL Ed. for:
- Teen & college athletes
- Post-rehab – from functional to optimal
- Yoga & mobility training – CEC’s for coaches
- Former/retired athlete – problem solving & pain management
- Post-rehab – for chronic illness
- CXO performance
- Pre/Post natal program
- Entertainment performance
Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel and perform. Your body is also designed to age well.
How is my work different from your current exercise routine? I focus on education and helping you understand how much power and control you have over the above points. It is very empowering work. By contrast, the priority we put on ”fitness” is usually getting “in shape”, weight loss, burning calories, sports performance, etc. It is assumed that what you’re doing will help you arrive at the goal of being a top athlete or an independently living 95 year old. However, you need to know this:
“There are more doctor visits for musculoskeletal issues from exercisers than there are from non-exercisers. Exercise is now a risk factor for health, not for fitness. We’ve put fitness on movement dysfunction when moving well, before moving often, should be the priority.” – Gray Cook, Physical Therapist, co- creator, FMS
Who is the MOVE WELL Ed. Program for?
- Ideal for someone struggling with sub-clinical pain – learn how to manage your aches and pains and solve problems yourself, before they escalate into injuries that require health care costs & co-pays.
- “I have pain but I’m not sure if I should see a doctor.” We’ll do an FMS screen – the GOLD standard for screening for movement dysfunction in sports and designed by a physical therapist. We get screened for breast cancer, heart disease, vision, dental, etc. – think of it as preventative screening for movement hygiene.
- Prevention and longevity focused people who consider themselves life-long learners.
- Those new or returning to exercise – get started on the right path and gain confidence to even set foot in a gym
- Ideal for someone stepping down from physical therapy after an injury – alot of fear comes with this transition – we’ll break through that and get you back to your routine with less fear.
- Athletes & coaches (pros, college, high school, recreational & fitness) – increase your self knowledge, gain a vast toolbox of athletic recovery including mindset help & yoga, get CEC’s and gain new warm-up/down routines and de-load workouts.
No matter where you see yourself in the lists above, my overarching goal is to help you maximize the amazing, self-correcting, self-healing body you were born with and if you’re pre/post injury, get you back to doing what you love.
Being a healthy human for the long game requires a set of *skills* and this fact is extremely underserved within fitness and yoga communities. Let’s get beyond your foam roll and get you back to doing what you love with more self knowledge and less restrictions.
Read more about my process and fill out the New Student Intake Form to inquire about working together. Next, we’ll have a phone chat to discuss how the MOVE WELL Ed. 12-session curriculum can upgrade your life.
1: Where do you work out of? I travel to teams, clients, etc. Let me deal with the traffic and save you time. I do have access to a heated yoga room in Cleveland Heights, if you wish to travel to me.
2: Do I offer package deals? Yes. MOVE WELL Ed. has a discount for the 12 sessions and ongoing REGEN sessions can be paid in advance for a discount and for priority scheduling.
3: Do I travel out of state/country? Yes, I will hop on a plane and come work with you. I compact the content to fit into a few days or a week.
4: Do I do FaceTime sessions? Yes, FaceTime sessions actually work really well.