The Foundational Program:
MOVE WELL Ed. 12-Session Curriculum (As seen in the Cleveland Plain Dealer)
Additional ways to work with me:
REGEN – Regenerative Movement Sessions
NECK & SHOULDERS, LOWER BACK & PELVIS, FEET & KNEES
FITNESS ROUTINE TUNE UP, GOLF/TENNIS/PICKLEBALL, YOGA TUNE UP®
For Pro Athletes:
Off Season: MOVE WELL Ed. & REGEN – Movement Prep, Soft Tissue Care, Mobility & Yoga. (12 session program). The essentials so you show up at camp, READY and injury-free.
In-Season: Ongoing REGEN Sessions/Tune Up’s. Most injuries are soft tissue and preventable by focusing on this ACTIVE recovery work I teach you.
MOVE WELL Ed. for teen & college athletes.
Post-rehab – From functional to optimal
Yoga & Mobility Training – CEC’s for coaches
Former/Retired Athlete – Problem solving & pain management
Post-rehab – Regenerative Movement for Chronic Illness
Rates start at $100/session and whether you do 3 or 12 or more sessions, chances are it will still be a lot less than your insurance deductible, more educational than PT sessions and the body maintenance skills you will gain will garner you longer lasting results.
Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel and perform. Your body is also designed to age well.
In all of my programs, we will:
- Find your body’s blind spots and teach you personalized ways to improve them – left untouched, these blind spots are catalysts for pain and injury.
- Analyze your body mechanics as they relate to your body’s history, your current activities, your daily habits and help you fill in your blind spots with tools and techniques designed specifically for you and your lifestyle.
- Get you more self aware in your body and set you up for a lifetime of pain free living.
How is my work different from your current exercise routine? I focus on education and helping you understand how much power and control you have over the above points. It is very empowering work. By contrast, the priority we put on ”fitness” is usually getting “in shape”, weight loss, burning calories, sports performance, etc. It is assumed that what you’re doing will help you arrive at the goal of being a top athlete or an independently living 95 year old. However, you need to know this:
“There are more doctor visits for musculoskeletal issues from exercisers than there are from non-exercisers. Exercise is now a risk factor for health, not for fitness. We’ve put fitness on movement dysfunction when moving well, before moving often, should be the priority.” – Gray Cook, Physical Therapist, co- creator, FMS
Who is the MOVE WELL Ed. Program for?
- Ideal for someone struggling with sub-clinical pain – learn how to manage your aches and pains and solve problems yourself, before they escalate into injuries that require health care costs & co-pays.
- “I have pain but I’m not sure if I should see a doctor.” We’ll do an FMS screen – the GOLD standard for screening for movement dysfunction in sports and designed by a physical therapist. We get screened for breast cancer, heart disease, vision, dental, etc. – think of it as preventative screening for movement hygiene.
- Prevention and longevity focused people who consider themselves life-long learners.
- Those new or returning to exercise – get started on the right path and gain confidence to even set foot in a gym
- Ideal for someone stepping down from physical therapy after an injury – alot of fear comes with this transition – we’ll break through that and get you back to your routine with less fear.
- Athletes & coaches (pros, college, high school, recreational & fitness) – increase your self knowledge, gain a vast toolbox of athletic recovery including mindset help & yoga, get CEC’s and gain new warm-up/down routines and de-load workouts.
No matter where you see yourself in the lists above, my overarching goal is to help you maximize the amazing, self-correcting, self-healing body you were born with and if you’re pre/post injury, get you back to doing what you love.
Being a healthy human for the long game requires a set of *skills* and this fact is extremely underserved within fitness and yoga communities. Let’s get beyond your foam roll and get you back to doing what you love with more self knowledge and less restrictions.
Here’s what’s included in the MOVE WELL Ed. program:
- 12 private sessions over the course of 1-3 months.
- 2 FMS screens – an initial screen to set your baseline, one to measure changes 1-3 months later.
- 2 15-minute sessions to analyze FMS screens, learn customized corrective exercises addressing your joints needs found in the screen – exercises that you can do throughout your day or as pre/post workout.
- A workbook with personalized notes and sometimes homework for you from our sessions
- Email/phone/text in between sessions
Cost: $1200* (Payment option: $1350: $750 before 1st session, $600 before the 7th session.)
*Scheduling is prioritized for those paid in full and paid on time. Program is normally carried out in 1/2/3 weekly sessions unless discussed otherwise. Some clients choose to book another 12 sessions to continue learning, but please note, payment needs to be made in advance to maintain scheduling priority.
Read more about my process and fill out the New Student Intake Form to inquire about working together. Next, we’ll have a phone chat to discuss how the MOVE WELL Ed. 12-session curriculum can upgrade your life.
1: Where do you work out of? I travel to teams, clients, etc. Let me deal with the traffic and save you time. I do have access to a heated yoga room in Cleveland Heights, if you wish to travel to me.
2: Do I offer package deals? Yes. MOVE WELL Ed. has a discount for the 12 sessions and ongoing REGEN sessions can be paid in advance for a discount and for priority scheduling.
3: Do I travel out of state/country? Yes, I will hop on a plane and come work with you. I compact the content to fit into a few days or a week.
4: Do I do FaceTime sessions? Yes, FaceTime sessions actually work really well.